ESPN.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Field House


THE Field House
The field house is an exhibit that really caught my eye the first time I entered it. It was the summer before my senior year in high school. I was here for a football camp and instantly I was overwhelmed as I walked through. To see all the former players’ pictures and jerseys and helmets was amazing. I never knew that The University of Southern Mississippi had so much talent pass through those hallways.
I often still catch chills and get excited when I pass through. Knowing that possibly one day I may be one of those whose name is posted on the wall. I would love to be aside those in the ranks of; Brett Favre, Reggie Collier, Derrick Nix, and Ray Guy. Those are only a few that have made an impact on the field House gallery. Many don’t pay attention or don’t think of the field house as a important or cultural exhibit. However, I do and I say this because, football is a part of the American culture and it means much to me I hope everyone will one day view the field house as I do, a very important cultural exhibit on the University of Southern Mississippi’s campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment